Farm Sanctuary, Inc. (“Farm Sanctuary,” “we,” “us,” “our”) owns and operates this website, found at FarmSanctuary.org (the “Website”).
By accessing the Website or using any part of it, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by this Term of Use agreement (“the “Agreement”). This Agreement is entered into between you and Farm Sanctuary, and applies to all users of the Website, including but not limited to users who are browsers, supporters, vendors, customers, merchants, and/or content contributors. If you do not agree to all of the terms and conditions in this Agreement, then you must not access or use this Website. By using the Website, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use the site unless your parent or guardian first reads and agrees to this Agreement on your behalf.
1. Agreement. This Agreement specifies and describes the terms and conditions for access to and use of the Website. This Agreement may be modified at any time by Farm Sanctuary upon posting of the modified Agreement. Any such modifications shall be effective immediately. You can view the most recent version of these terms at any time at FarmSanctuary.org [LINK PAGE]. Each use by you shall constitute and be deemed your unconditional acceptance of this Agreement.
3. Ownership. All content, features, and functionality included on this site is and shall continue to be the property of Farm Sanctuary or its content suppliers and is protected under applicable copyright, patent, trademark, and other proprietary rights laws. Any copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such content or any part of the Website is prohibited, except as expressly permitted in this Agreement. Under no circumstances will you acquire any ownership rights or other interest in any content by or through your use of this Website.
This Agreement permits you to use the Website for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on our Website, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of these materials in RAM, incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use, but not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this Website
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this Website
- Access or use for any commercial purpose any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website
If you wish to make any use of material on this Website other than the uses permitted above, please address your request to: [email protected].
If you print, copy, modify, download, or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of the Website in breach of this Agreement, your right to use the Website will terminate immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title, or interest in or to the Website or any content on the Website is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted here are reserved by Farm Sanctuary. Any use of the Website not expressly permitted by this Agreement constitutes a breach of the Agreement, and may violate copyright, patent, trademark, and other proprietary rights laws.
5. Trademarks. “Farm Sanctuary®,” “Farm Sanctuary Rescue Education Advocacy®,” and Farm Sanctuary’s logo with cow and chicken design, are registered trademarks of Farm Sanctuary. You must not use those trademarks without Farm Sanctuary’s prior written permission. Other product and company names mentioned on this Website may be trademarks of their respective owners.
6. Site Use. Farm Sanctuary grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to use the Website solely for your own personal use and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works, or other use. You agree not to copy materials on the Website, reverse engineer or break into the site, or use materials, products or services in violation of any law. The use of this Website is at the discretion of Farm Sanctuary, and Farm Sanctuary may terminate your use of this Website at any time.
7. Compliance with Laws. You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding your use of the Website. You further agree that information provided by you is truthful and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
8. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Farm Sanctuary and its partners, directors, officers, employees, and affiliates, harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Website.
9. Disclaimer. THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. FARM SANCTUARY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES, STATUTORY WARRANTIES, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT YOUR JURISDICTION DOES NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES, THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
We do not manufacture or control any of the products offered on our Website. The availability of products or services through our Website does not indicate an affiliation with or endorsement of any product, service, or manufacturer. Accordingly, we do not provide any warranties with respect to the products or services offered on our Website. Farm Sanctuary hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, and fitness for particular purpose. The foregoing does not affect any warranties that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Farm Sanctuary may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other services. Farm Sanctuary is not responsible for the availability of these outside resources or their contents. Farm Sanctuary expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, materials, accuracy of information and/or the quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third-party services, or the products or services provided by any third party.
10. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL FARM SANCTUARY BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THE WEBSITE, YOUR WEBSITE USE, OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR CONTENT IS TO CEASE ALL OF YOUR SITE USE.
You may have additional rights under certain laws (including consumer laws) which do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, the exclusions or limitations in this Agreement that directly conflict with such laws may not apply to you.
12. Intellectual Property Rights and Copyright Agent. If you believe your work has been copied or posted in a way that constitutes infringement, please provide a notice containing all of the following information to our Copyright Agent:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property interest;
- A description of the work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website;
- Your mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you, the complaining party, that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the content is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, the complaining party, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the owner or are authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
Our Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of infringement on the Website can be reached
By Mail: P.O. Box 150, Watkins Glen, NY 14891
By Telephone: 607-583-2225
By E-mail: [email protected]
13. Applicable Law. You agree that the laws of the state of New York, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions, will govern this Agreement and any dispute that may arise between you and Farm Sanctuary or its affiliates.
Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, this Agreement or the Website will be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of New York. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by these courts and to venue in these courts.
14. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
15. Waiver. The failure of Farm Sanctuary to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of this Agreement by Farm Sanctuary must be in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Farm Sanctuary.
16. Relationship of the Parties. Nothing contained in this Agreement or your use of the Site shall be construed to constitute either party as a partner, joint venturer, employee or agent of the other party, nor shall either party hold itself out as such. Neither party has any right or authority to incur, assume or create, in writing or otherwise, any warranty, liability or other obligation of any kind, express or implied, in the name of or on behalf of the other party, it being intended by both parties that each shall remain independent contractors responsible for its own actions.
Send an email to [email protected]
Send written correspondence to:
P.O. Box 150
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
Call 607.583.2225 ext. 221